Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Help! I need space


Q:First off,let me say I love my bf! The only problem is that he wants to spend time with me 24/7. I need some space asap. I miss my girlfriends and I want to hang out with them. How can I squeeze in some ME time w/o hurting his feelings. Help!


A: Don't panic! This is a very common dating dilemma typically in the early [honeymoon] stages of a relationship. Here's what you do

1)* Tell him. Very gently and sweetly say that you like/love him very much but it'll be best not to spend every waking minute together. Start with every other day or so. Make a point of how successful couple need to maintain separate identities! And always how distance makes the heart grow fonder.The last thing you want to do is overdose on your honey.

or

2) If you have a routine already of when you hang out. For example,Thursday night dinners. So before that dinner night,just cancel. Tell him that something came up (girlfriend just broke up with her beau) and enjoy your night of freedom. Warning: he may freak out but it'll be temporary. If he doesn't get the hint the first time then keep doing the canceling of plans til he does. Double warning: He might think you're tired of him and want to break up.


*Recommended plan

Good Luck,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment