Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why are we ashamed of our vaginas?

This question really dawned on me today. Well,it all started when I went to CVS. I have my period and ran out of pads. So,I get my pads [Always brand] blah blah and wait on line. In front of me, there was two boys. One of them turns around to have an awkward mini staring contest.He looks at me,at the pads then back at me. Weirdo Boy reverts his attention back to his friend but not for long.He decides to look at me,at the pads then back at me. Finally the cashier calls them up and the awkward exchange ends.Yes,Idiot Boy...I have a vagina. I'm 20 years old,way past puberty and once a month I have what doctors call a menstrual cycle. There seems to be this embarrassment embedded in us women when we have to anything feminine hygiene and health related.Many examples include pads,douches,plan b bill,dental dams,panty liners,female/male condom ,tampons,bikini wax etc.Our bodies are what makes us irresistibly goddesses! If men had a vagina they'll know what high-maintenance and femininity really entails.I for one refuse to be ashamed anymore. Join me ladies and hold your head up high in the checkout line! And of course to desensitize the rest of world,everyday scream "VAGINAS ARE BEAUTIFUL" really loud in a crowded area. Ok,maybe don't do that....

Love,
S

1 comment:

  1. Agreed 100% (except the screaming in a crowded area)

    This is all a male lack of understanding and immaturity towards our bodies.

    ReplyDelete